MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL MATHEMATICS OLYMPIAD
April-May 2023 International Schools of Moscow run the first Mathematics Olympiad.
The Olympiad is in English and is conducted in two rounds – a School Round and an Interschool Round.
All participant schools get a set of tasks for the two age categories of the Olympiad.
During the first round the tasks are attempted by all the students of a school in a particular age category. As a result of the School Round each school creates two teams of 5 participants – one in each age category – to participate in the Interschool Round.
The Interschool Round is conducted at one of the participant schools. Teams of 5 students in each age category participate in the competition.
THE INTERSCHOOL ROUND DATES
The Interschool Round includes team tasks completed within a certain time and judged upon the result and an Individual Challenge where each participant has to complete up to 3 more challenging tasks. Points for the Individual Challenge will be counted as individual achievements as well as part of the team event.
MOSCOW MATHEMATICS OPYMPIAD 2023
- ?1st place – Dronova Maria (MCS)
- ?2d place – Clement Maria (Algorithm)
- ?3d place – Stepanova Alexandra (Algorithm)
- ?Team winner – MCS School
- ?1st place – Woo Jin Lee (ISM)
- ?2d place – Tsyganov Yuri (Algorithm)
- ?3d place – Alexander Chernikov (Algorithm)
- ?Team winner – International School of Moscow